Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is a leading international publisher with a strong presence in business, academic, professional and children’s publications.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the Bloomsbury Award-winning development. Academic Publishing Room. Art and visual culture Bloombury Visual Arts is a fast-growing academic publication published under the fingerprint. We are looking for a commission editor who will follow the list – explore new product lines, provide new books, provide direction for print and digital strategy, and ensure that the arts and visual culture meet key business goals. The role reports to the publisher of Architecture, Art and Visual Culture, and the successful candidate joins a friendly group based in our central London offices.
- Strategic List Management Management: Understanding how Bloomsbury’s strategic objectives feed into detailed development; Gathering market knowledge to identify areas and product priorities for development; Working with authors and colleagues to provide effective and up-to-date publications; Follow the front and back details to ensure that the art and vision culture meets its business goals, including global growth plans, revenue, budget, product mix and profit.
- Mission assignment Achieve pre-agreed annual goals by developing research, commissioning and high-quality new academic textbooks, series and, as appropriate, digital resource publishing partnerships for the list.
- Quality clear Coordinates peer review and market research to ensure high quality and relevant ideas and manuscripts.
- Middle class connection Work closely with digital teams on marketing, sales, production, and as needed
- Analysis: Monitor, evaluate and analyze list performance
- Representation As a spokesman for the list and attending Bloomsbury, UK and international conferences, campus tours and sales conferences
- Digital product development; As needed, explore and implement new digital input products in partnership with our Bloomsbury Digital Resources division.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience ordering academic content
- Creative and Business Approach for Academic Publishing Detailed Development, Management and Commissioning
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Collaborative team player
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Eligible user of printing software systems
- Pay attention to detail.
The role is a full-time, permanent position based at London Office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. Office days for this role are Wednesday and Thursday.
Please refer to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) with a CV and cover letter sent by the ‘APPLY NOW’ key to how to meet the requirements listed above. November 29, 2021.
As well as a wonderful opportunity to join an international award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers the following competition benefits
Benefits of Bloomsbury
- Mixed workplace: 2 day office based / 3 day home based (or fully office based if desired)
- 25 days off
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Season ticket loan
Save Plan Share
Summer Hours – June to August
Eye Care Voucher Plan
Company Culture – Workers ‘Voice Conferences, Workers’ Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ + and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders Trained across UK offices, access events and free print materials.
Bloomsbury is willing to make any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. Please refer to the hiring team if necessary.
Applicants must have a legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Founded in 1986, Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulsezer and Booker Awards and is the publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. It publishes in the Bloomsbury Academic Department, under Bloomsbury, as well as many well-known and historic brands. Read our story about how it all started.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a work environment that promotes creativity and collaboration, respects diversity, is inclusive and ethical, and promotes safety. We are committed to nurturing and developing our staff and we know that our success in reaching the highest potential depends on the needs, commitment and hard work of our people. We recognize the need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and backgrounds to become part of the global publishing industry by making different voices reflect and shape our culture and community.
Please read more about our missions and values over here.
Please read our local policy over here.