201 Third Avenue (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Chief Data Engineer
Do you like to build in technology space and be a pioneer? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast, collaborative, inclusive and repetitive delivery environment? At Capital One, you become part of a team of developers, breakers, makers and troublemakers who solve real problems and meet the real needs of customers.
We are looking for data engineers who are part of a team that is developing new analytics and machine learning tools and frameworks to take advantage of the latest developments in cloud computing. As a Capital Engineer, you will have the opportunity to take the lead in making a big difference in Capital 1. Learn more about #Lifeatcapitalone and our commitment to diversity and inclusion by jumping to Slide 76-91 to learn more about corporate social responsibility reporting.
what do you do –
- Collaborate with Agiile teams and across technical solutions to design, develop, test, implement and fully-scale development tools and technologies.
- Work with a team of experienced developers in machine learning, distributed micro-services and full stack systems
- Use programming languages such as Snowflake for data storage services based on Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL Database and Cloud
- Share your desire to stay up-to-date on technology trends, to try and learn new technologies, to participate in internal and external technology communities, and to lead other members of the engineering community.
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and provide cloud-based solutions that leverage powerful experiences that will help millions of Americans achieve their financial potential.
- Conduct class tests and reviews with other team members to make sure your code is strictly designed, beautifully coded and effective.
- bachelor’s degree
- Experience at least 5 years experience in application development
- With at least 2 years experience in major data technologies (Cassandra, Akumulo, HBS, Spark, Hadup, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, or Zookeeper).
- master’s degree
- 7+ years experience in application development
- 3+ years of experience working in streaming data applications (Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis and Flink)
- 1+ years experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft or other cloud services
- 2+ years experience with Ancebel / Terraform
- 3+ years experience in Agile Engineering Experiences
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with Hadup stack (MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Hbase)
- 3+ years experience in NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra)
- 3+ years experience in developing Java-based software solutions
- 4+ years experience in developing software solutions to solve complex business problems
- 3+ years experience with UNIX / Linux, including basic commands and shell script
In this case, Capital One does not sponsor a new applicant for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer based on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All eligible applicants will be accepted on the basis of gender, race, color, age, nationality, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or motherhood, without protection. Military status, or any other standard, is prohibited by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Capital promotes a drug-free workplace. CAPITAL 232 A; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Section 4901-4920; New York City Equal Opportunity Act; Philadelphia Fair Criminal Records Act; And other relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background questions.
If you visit our website and would like to find out more about job opportunities, please contact Capital One Recruitment at 1-800-304-9102 or by email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent necessary to provide the necessary facilities.
For technical support or questions about the Capital 1 recruitment process, please email Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not endorse, endorse or guarantee and is not responsible for any third party products, services, educational materials or other information on this website.
Capital One Financial is composed of several components. Please note that any post posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any post posted in the UK is for Capital One Europe and any post posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corporation (COPSSC).