At the beginning of 2020 it was difficult for marketers. Remember the Destruction and Dark Trading: Work Predictions? Real life stories about being fired? Well, 20 months later, some good news is here, marketing is booming, big time.
As a Report from LinkedInIn the first six months of 2021, business grew by 63 percent. Companies posted about 381,000 transactions between June 2020 and June 2021. That includes 17,000 remote jobs.
This is far from the dark predictions since the beginning of 2020, said one of the forecasters. 469,000 marketing jobs A.D. It will be gone by the end of 2020. Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) told Gartner that by 2020, the fixed, temporary or contract account will be reduced. About 37%. Market groups in Large companies have declined.
We will examine some of the marketing roles that companies often employed during the epidemic. But before that, it is important to show strong marketing skills.
What marketing skills do you need?
LinkedIn data, which specializes in digital strategy, adobe analytics, link building, and off-page SEO, can “make you a desirable resource. Web analytics skills, quick problem solving, and “soft skills” are among the fast-growing skills that support “enduring skills” such as critical thinking and communication, LinkedIn officials said.
Writing a press release? That is a basic skill that merchants should have. And knowledge of content marketing and social media is also helpful, LinkedIn officials say.
“I think the topic is, in the end, strategic skills sets are more important than old-fashioned implementation skills such as advertising and channel knowledge,” said Vice President and chief analyst Shar Vanboskirk. Forrest Focuses on customer strategies by the Chief Marketing Officer. “During the epidemic, channels and channel capabilities were of little use because of the closure of many channels. Winning marketers were able to create strategies outside of executive skills. How can we change our pricing model? How should we change our supply chain? How can we renew our products? In a way that is more relevant to what all customers want and value now.
5 marketing activities that should be on your radar by 2021
According to LinkedIn, here are the most sought after marketing activities in 2021.
Digital Marketing Specialist
In fact, a Digital Marketing Specialist, Or digital marketer, helps maintain a brand by working on marketing campaigns.
Their functions include:
- Conducting market research
- Develop a strategy with other marketing professionals
- Creating content that helps the success of marketing campaigns
We haven’t seen you “pull your hair out” to create a sense of data and integrate marketing tools, but we think that’s probably the case here.
Digital Account Executive
This role seems to disrupt sales and marketing in many cases. According to Glassdoor Digital Account Executives Working in a sales role, helps maintain or extend existing accounts (clients) and develop new accounts. However, as a A job post from an agency on LinkedIn, Digital account executives support digital campaign delivery and are expected to have a good understanding of digital advertising.
- Help them build lasting relationships with clients and define project initiative and long-term digital media strategy
- Understand and manage the performance of digital advertising projects
- Communicate regularly with customers
- Understand the objectives and analyzes of each client
- Present projects by boundaries and budgets
Social Media Manager
Of course we all need our social media managers. The responsibilities of a social media manager in a small company should be as personal as a content creation team, including graphic design, copywriting and photo and video editing. Like Hootsuite.
“In large organizations, social media managers can work with agencies and / or groups and specialists,” Hootsuite officials wrote. “Social media managers have a lot of responsibility to swim, no matter how big their team and resources are.”
Like Hootsuite, a typical social media job description includes the following
- Build content calendars and schedule / publish content
- Community Management (Responding to Comments and Messages, Referring to Other Groups)
- Working as a channel owner for all social media accounts (including knowing the best practices for each channel, deciding where and when to publish content, and editing content on channels)
- Create campaign plans that prioritize business and marketing (e.g. product launches, trademarks, awareness campaigns, contests, etc.)
- Writing creative briefings (to guide agencies and / or interior designers, video editors and copywriters)
- Support influential marketing efforts (such as identifying and selecting influencers, reposting content, and engaging with influencer posts)
Digital Marketing Manager
In fact, a Digital Marketing Manager Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring long-term digital marketing campaigns as well as short-term advertising techniques. Candidates must be proficient in brand awareness, directing traffic to the company’s website and generating sales leads.
Some functions include:
- Identify and test new digital platforms and devices
- Using web analytics tools to control web traffic
- Increase marketing campaigns, including email marketing, social media and digital advertising
- Monitoring consumer purchasing behavior
A Digital Strategist According to Payscale, it works with a strategy team to create long-term goals and plans for their products. You have to be creative and understand the technology and the people who use these tools. You need to be able to determine the direction of your company’s best digital products and services. The digital strategist analyzes a large amount of information and identifies the most important information related to its digital offerings.
Some functions include:
- Create a strategy and content for web presence and accessibility
- Identify new communities and technologies for marketing efforts
- Create, update, and implement digital style guidelines and branding efforts
- Describe, monitor, analyze, and report metrics and analyzes to understand access
- Create, edit, update, link and share digital video, images, text and graphics
Payscale officials said: “This person should have very good interpersonal skills, because a digital strategist can hold meetings and lead a team with a digital strategy.”